Kaplan 45.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farley is god

Empty Tank.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone in another thread mentioned this book as a helpful tool to get past the 10 point "plateau."

Has anyone used it? Any thoughts?

Grassy ass

Members don't see this ad.

Used it for its sample passages mostly, but don't use it when the mcat gets close, cuz its good at breaking confidence.

if you're getting 34+ on average, give it a whirl; I used it and found it very helpful at honing my skills with trick questions and those that require test-taking skills to get out of. if you're in the 30 range, give it a try if you'd like, but there are other tings that will certainly help your score (and not hurt your pocketbook) more than this book.

that said, be careful- it is what it says it is. that is, if you invest the 25 bucks, get ready for a book of brutal questions that will make you question your intelligence. if you can keep that in mind, then go for it.

I used the Kap 45 book over the spring break and it might be the only prep I would have.

It was a brutal book and, sometimes, after reading a passage you barely get a good idea of what's about. I took the tests under timed conditions, and usually got about 60-65% of the science questions right and 72% in the VR portion. I really don't know what this means as regards the real deal coming in April. But as I said before, I am praying for the Mercies of Providence as I abhor the nature of this inevitable exam.

Also the Kap book did a good deal of work in reinforcing/refreshing science concepts.