1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan BB Practice DAT CD

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by isuclones85, Apr 10, 2007.

1. isuclones85

Pre-Dental
    Ok I just got done with this guy and I'm not sure what to think. I'm almost through the whole bio section in the Kaplan BB for the first time and haven't looked at the gen chem. orgo. or QR sections yet. I pretty much just took it to see where I am at now(which is rusty). My AA on the practice was a 16. I plan on getting Destroyer along with Topscore and Achiever for alot more practice tests. Is this a good plan to go with? Because after seeing a 16 on the screen with alot of other sub-par scores is pretty terrifying, I know I have yet to dive into studying but I'm still kinda freaked out. :scared:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JMJRDH1

JMJRDH1 Floss User

Dentist
    Make sure you master the Kaplan material BEFORE doing the Topscore/Achiever/Destroyer. If you do them too early, you will waste the tests because you will do poorly.

16 is not a bad start with minimal studying IMO. How much time you have before your DAT is the real question. If you have a few months out, you should be fine IMO. Others will chime in I am sure with great suggestions, but you gotta kill Kaplan first!!

Good Luck!

4. isuclones85

Pre-Dental
    I plan on taking it in July sometime but if I feel ready before that I might consider late June. My studying has turned into balls to the wall mode after this little test of where I'm at.

5. Indie

Indie Member

Dental Student

I would go through the Kaplans a few times and maybe some old text books to review the sections the ADA says are covered on the DAT...The other poster is right, don't start burning your tests now otherwise you'll know the answers and get false scores if you see it enough.. The Kaplans tests are easier than other study aids and the real DAT... keep practicing, study hard and review.. you'll do fine..