Kaplan Bio and Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_veo_

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for a few weeks now and I just decided to start taking some practice tests. I started with the test at the back of the blue book..
I was wondering if the level of dificulty in bio is the same as in the real thing because I did good without that much studying.. On the other hand, I did horrible in general chem! :( I've been just reading the blue book and my notebook, but I guess I need to do some practice problems, right? How did/do you study for general chem?
I think for orgo is just mainly memorizing and understanding the reactions..
I'm taking the DAT in 3 weeks and I'm scared! :scared:

Suggestions? Advice? Anything?

Members don't see this ad.

_veo_ said:
I've been studying for a few weeks now and I just decided to start taking some practice tests. I started with the test at the back of the blue book..
I was wondering if the level of dificulty in bio is the same as in the real thing because I did good without that much studying.. On the other hand, I did horrible in general chem! :( I've been just reading the blue book and my notebook, but I guess I need to do some practice problems, right? How did/do you study for general chem?
I think for orgo is just mainly memorizing and understanding the reactions..
I'm taking the DAT in 3 weeks and I'm scared! :scared:

Suggestions? Advice? Anything?

U r much better than me, I got 0(zero) in every section in kaplan blue book in my first try.

I got a 14 once..... I bubbled "A" straight down the list! ...makes me wonder how people get 1-10 on this exam, since it's curved.

Nice work with Bio. If you get then you're set. Focus on where you're weak (Chem). For chem, I just made sure I understood everything in kaplan. Do some problems, but understanding is key. My test asked a lot of questions that required some odd convoluted application of a concept. On the plus side, I thought kaplan did the best job preparing me for gen chem of all the sections.

Mack

Mackchops said:
Nice work with Bio. If you get then you're set. Focus on where you're weak (Chem). For chem, I just made sure I understood everything in kaplan. Do some problems, but understanding is key. My test asked a lot of questions that required some odd convoluted application of a concept. On the plus side, I thought kaplan did the best job preparing me for gen chem of all the sections.

Mack

Thank you for the advice. I will just focus on general chem for a few days and hopefully I'll learn something.. Awesome job with your DATs! :thumbup: