kaplan bio section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentisttobeDMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
If I'm studying from Cliffs AP bio, would kaplan blue book bio section be necessary to study? how good is the kaplan bb for the bio section? would cliffs ap bio be enought to score high? overall, which book should I focus on more for the bio? feedbacks would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
If I'm studying from Cliffs AP bio, would kaplan blue book bio section be necessary to study? how good is the kaplan bb for the bio section? would cliffs ap bio be enought to score high? overall, which book should I focus on more for the bio? feedbacks would be greatly appreciated!

kaplan bio is a joke...its like reading dr. seuss

Hello,
Cliff's is pretty detailed; however, I think the endocrinology section of the KAPLAN book goes into more details. Also, I think KAPLAN's Ecology chapter (The one including all the biomes, cycles, animal behaviors, etc) is better than that of Cliff's.

I dont know, I dont think Kaplan's bio section is a joke, I mostly studied Kaplan bio and I did fine on the actual bio section.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with nze82. I studied Cliffs and it was pretty awesome, except maybe for hormones and the ecology, and alittle other details which i cant remmember! and u can study them in destroyer or maybe kaplan! Kaplan book is a joke and dont even waist ur time reading the bio section! on my first DAt i had studied kaplan and got a 19 on Bio, the 2nd time i got a 24 w/o kaplan!:idea:

i agree with nze82. I studied Cliffs and it was pretty awesome, except maybe for hormones and the ecology, and alittle other details which i cant remmember! and u can study them in destroyer or maybe kaplan! Kaplan book is a joke and dont even waist ur time reading the bio section! on my first DAt i had studied kaplan and got a 19 on Bio, the 2nd time i got a 24 w/o kaplan!:idea:

Impressive 24 score on the bio for the second test! Did you just use Cliffs and Destroyer as study materials for the bio?

I got a 24 using Kaplan only, although I wish I had a bit of supplemental reading as well. If I was to do it again I would probably study Kaplan + Cliffs and then just read through chapters in a larger, intro bio book in hopes you'll remember something for the few obscure questions.