1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Bio?

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by Kansas Pharmer, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Kansas Pharmer

Pharmacy Student
    My weakest subject on the pcat is bio. I am in the midst of studying for the Sep pcat test and have read numerous times the best way to prepare for bio is the Kaplan Big Bio?

Which book is this refering to exactly? Is this the mcat bio book? I would just like to even my odds a little on my least comfortable subject.

Thanks in advance for the input...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. harmonidrum

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    It is not really that great of a resource. I'd go with the Cliffs AP bio review instead. I went through it, but only because I wasted my money on the Kaplan before I found out about SDN.

4. FLaCoPHaRm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    When you guys refer to the "Kaplan Bio" in your posts do you guys mean the bio section of the blue Kaplan PCAT Prep Book or is it something else?

5. terk

terk PharmD IV Candidate
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It is as you said.

6. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Kansas Pharmer,

People are referring to our BIG blue book. Listed on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-PCAT-2010-2011/dp/1419553224.

I do believe it is an excellent resource because it goes above and beyond. The idea to this method is to help students who might not have had as strong of a bio background than others. Often times people don't think this is a good resource because they are already very comfortable with the material. If you get to spots where you are very comfortable you should skim and make sure you work extra hard on areas you know you can improve!

Patrick