Kaplan book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again. I just wanted to get some opinions on the kaplan blue book. I have barron's guide and I was wondering if I should buy the kaplan book too.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello again. I just wanted to get some opinions on the kaplan blue book. I have barron's guide and I was wondering if I should buy the kaplan book too.

Thanks!

YES - get the Kaplan book. Barron's DAT book is not very good, except for the PAT section. Kaplan is probably the best all around basic DAT book. You may also want to consider some additional resources like Schaum's outline of biology (Kaplan is a little weak on the bio section), Topscore (a set of practice exams on CD), and DAT Destroyer (lots of practice questions with detailed answers).

Thanks!

I am selling my used blue kaplan dental book cheap. Nothing is written in the book itself. My DAT scores were 21 and higher. PM me if you want to buy my copy.

YES - get the Kaplan book. Barron's DAT book is not very good, except for the PAT section. Kaplan is probably the best all around basic DAT book. You may also want to consider some additional resources like Schaum's outline of biology (Kaplan is a little weak on the bio section), Topscore (a set of practice exams on CD), and DAT Destroyer (lots of practice questions with detailed answers).

I bought the destroyer and i have topscore pro...i'm really not worried about the bio section b/c I did pretty well on it my last time through (that doesnt mean I wont study for it though). Thanks...I'll get the kaplan book.