1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Books

Discussion in 'Step I' started by gregarious, Aug 5, 2006.

1. gregarious

gregarious Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    Are the Kaplan Books that you can buy at the Kaplan store ($449) the same books you get if you take the USMLE Step 1 prep class through Kaplan?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vtrain

vtrain Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

No - the one you buy is the 4 volume set home study. the ones in lecture is the 8 vol set incl qbook. the material is essentially the same but i think the 8 set is less detailed b/c they expect you to annotate along with the lecturers. however, i think the homestudy is too detailed and the 8 set is good enough - even without the lectures (exp biochem - that book is GOLD)

4. I agree. I bought the Kaplan 8 book class set off of someone and found that the Biochem book was the one I liked the best. The others are so-so but I think that one at least does a great job of covering relevant material while leaving out the crap.

5. gregarious

gregarious Junior Member

Pre-Medical

A better question is: Someone advised me to use the Kaplan Books to prepare for miniboards as an M-1. Found used 4 vol set online. Did not find 8 vol set. Will 4 vol. set work?