Kaplan by itself vs. with others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

001calcnet

Reaction score
I'm planning on taking the DAT by May of next year to enter the next cycle. A program I am a part of at my university is offering free Kaplan Test Prep in the Spring for many pre-health students' respective exams. I was notified that I was selected. However, I've heard from some that Kaplan wasn't necessarily helpful for their DAT test prep and that others were more useful. I was originally planning on taking DAT Booster for test prep, but I wasn't going to say no to the free Kaplan course.

Should I just take Kaplan alone or should use it along with/still pay for the DAT Booster? Money isn't necessarily an issue for me but of course I'd prefer the cheapest option, and I also do want to score significantly well.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used Kaplan, I studied the program for about 2 hours a day M-F and then whatever I could on the weekends for about 4 months. Kaplan's tests are much, much harder than the real thing. Honestly once I took the real exam I was shocked at how much easier the questions were. It kicks your butt, but I thought it was a good program. Expensive for sure, but since it's free for you it might be of good use. I didn't think kaplans PAT questions for keyhole were reflective of the actual exam, but for everything else I thought it was a good resource.

I've heard good things about BootCamp as well. If your budget allows you could snag both, but if not, Kaplan will be fine if you adhere to the schedule they recommend.

Reactions: 1 user