Quantcast

Kaplan CBT 10

Join BeMo MCAT MasterMind Club®
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killinsound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've been scoring extremely well on 06-09 (4 exams), and somehow I tanked really badly on 10. (8 point difference than my lowest).

Did anyone else get destroyed by Kaplan 10, or is it just me?

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored significantly lower than my AAMC average on CBT 11. About 8-9 points difference. The kaplan verbal on CBT 11 nailed me. I just finished a kaplan VR test today (from the book) and got a 10. NO chance I scored that on CBT 11. Your not alone killinsound

iclu87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey killinsound:

if you look the conversion charts for test 10 and 11, they were pretty rough for the VR and the BS to get a 13 or 14, as compared to test 6-9. Very very little room for error for both sections. So it looks like it was tough for other previous test takers too. Who knows how they scaled these conversion charts anyways? I wonder if it is proprietary information.

i think your previous scores are more indicative of what you're going to score on the MCAT. What did you get the AAMC CBT 8-10? Have you done those? Let me know how they turn out or have turned out for you.

killinsound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think your previous scores are more indicative of what you're going to score on the MCAT. What did you get the AAMC CBT 8-10? Have you done those? Let me know how they turn out or have turned out for you.

I have not done CBT 8-10. I'm taking the MCAT at the end of april so I am trying to save them until closer to the actual test day. I am probably going to take 10, then 8, then 9, considering that 10 was supposed to be a doozy.

killinsound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, after finally reviewing my performance, problem by problem. I can conclude that I am an idiot and that I made about 1000 stupid mistakes.

However, you guys should know that kaplan makes errors on tests and their answers. I found 2 errors in answers going over this form. I have found more before in other forms.

(these are blatant errors like using Power = Resistance / Vsquared instead of Power = Vsquared / Resistance to get their answer). its pretty unacceptable if you ask me.