Kaplan CD-Rom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlexRusso

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone take the Kaplan Simulated Step 1 CD-ROM Exam???
Its a green cd that comes with the set of Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbook (the white ones)

I just got through it and I thought it was ridiculously hard.

Anyone take it and care to comment?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I took my step 1 June 25th , 2003 . I got a 244.
Yes, Kaplan's simulated test is VERY tough. Using Q-bank, I used to average 70-75%. But the questions provided in the simulated test were painfully difficult and I often slumped into the 50s%.

Your best indicator before your test however, will be the released items (the 150 questions ) sent to you by USMLE.org

Hani said:
Hi

I took my step 1 June 25th , 2003 . I got a 244.
Yes, Kaplan's simulated test is VERY tough. Using Q-bank, I used to average 70-75%. But the questions provided in the simulated test were painfully difficult and I often slumped into the 50s%.

Your best indicator before your test however, will be the released items (the 150 questions ) sent to you by USMLE.org

Thanks Hani, that's reassuring. I was averaging about the same as you on my qbank (ended w. a 73 overall) and I did okay on the 150 released items (83), but while doing this CD I felt kinda shaky about my knowledge. Lots of very detailed questions. Often times I'd read the question think of an answer only to realise that its not one of the choices. :mad: They also like to present things in really crazy way I'd never considered before (i.e. what color does Staph epidermitis stain w. acid-fast stain?)

Oh well. NBME released items tomorrow and mon, 2 days of FA and then its game time. :scared: