Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering paying for the online kaplan PCAT class. i have searched the forums endlessly, but it seems everyone who offered a review of the class had problems in different PCAT sections than I did. Last summer I used Dr Collin's, took the PCAT in August, and got these scores:
Verbal Ability 436 (92)
Biology 407 (60)
Reading Comp 413 (66)
Quantitative Ability 420 (74)
Chemistry 399 (43)
Composite 415 (73)
So I'm pretty okay with verbal, which is one thing people mentioned over and over about the Kaplan course. I'm usually good at reading comprehension...I don't know what the hell happened there. But Chemistry I totally blew. And I honestly am surprised I didn't do worse in Biology and Quantitative Ability. I have never been good at chemistry to begin with. Biology and math I am actually really good at, the problem is that I am a more interactive learner. It is difficult for me to sit at stare at a (seemingly endless) text book and hope to recommit everything to memory (or learn for the first time for chemistry). Does Kaplan help with this kind of issue? Please let me know. It is a huge amount of money to spend, but I am willing to make the investment if I can figure out whether or not it is a good option for someone in my kind of situation.
Verbal Ability 436 (92)
Biology 407 (60)
Reading Comp 413 (66)
Quantitative Ability 420 (74)
Chemistry 399 (43)
Composite 415 (73)
So I'm pretty okay with verbal, which is one thing people mentioned over and over about the Kaplan course. I'm usually good at reading comprehension...I don't know what the hell happened there. But Chemistry I totally blew. And I honestly am surprised I didn't do worse in Biology and Quantitative Ability. I have never been good at chemistry to begin with. Biology and math I am actually really good at, the problem is that I am a more interactive learner. It is difficult for me to sit at stare at a (seemingly endless) text book and hope to recommit everything to memory (or learn for the first time for chemistry). Does Kaplan help with this kind of issue? Please let me know. It is a huge amount of money to spend, but I am willing to make the investment if I can figure out whether or not it is a good option for someone in my kind of situation.