Kaplan course-online, classroom, self-study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulpdent11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So, I'm thinking about taking the Kaplan course. Yah, I know it's ridiculously expensive. But I think it'd help me....
Do you recommend taking the online course, classroom course, or the self-study package?
The prices are similar for all three.

Also, do I get the same stuff regardless of what I do? (online lecture stuff, practice stuff, flashcard, etc)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

online live for sure! i took it and its pretty good. u get the benefit of a live instructor, dont have to go to a classroom so u can do it wherever u want, and u get all the review materials and a ton of practice tests and quizzes, tutorials, etc. definitely worth it. they have specials too so keep an eye out, i waited to sign up til they had a $200 off special..

I think their online study materials are more important than having an instructor. It is easier to wiki things you are not sure than contacting your instructors. I feel like that the instructors are more helpful to people who seek average scores but not so much if you want to excel. That being said, if you really can't stick with a self-study schedule and need some external help/remind for that, online live would be good, because instructors keeps reminding you that you have to finish all the requirement in order to qualify for the "higher score guarantee" :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys,
The live online is the SAME price as the actual physical class. The self-study is only $150 cheaper (which I find to be ****ty)
I wonder if you can still get "higher score guarantee" with self-study?

Thanks guys,
The live online is the SAME price as the actual physical class. The self-study is only $150 cheaper (which I find to be ****ty)
I wonder if you can still get "higher score guarantee" with self-study?

The reason they are only $150 cheaper is because that, when you examine the entire course, content wise, most of it is online (that is, outside of the lecture). The in class sessions are great for students who need to brush up on basics, but if you honestly have ALL the basics down, online is all you need. I find it to be extremely useful.