Kaplan Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mknemati

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if you guys would recommend the kaplan course. Ive heard good and bad things about it. Its expensive, and some people say it is not necessary, others needed it. What do you guys think? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i also asked this question before

i made the decision to do it in the summer
it has alot of good resources
i heard the lectures arent that great tho

The class is alright if you feel that you're really weak in some sections, but the real value of kaplan comes from the online material. The workshops for each subject are pretty handy, but the section tests are the best part. It doesn't matter if you get the questions wrong, just review the explanation, and that's one of the best study aids.

Take it if you can afford it. I took the class and it definetely helped me with Chemistry and Ochem. Not sure about Bio though.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking the online course right now. I am happy with it so far. Its syllabus really helps my organization and studying habits.

I also like the fact that I can listen to the online lecture over again if I don't understand some sections. The online support is pretty good too.

So yea, if you can afford it, take it.

Online materials are great if you utilize them, there is so much stuff! Lecture depends greatly on who your teacher his. His/her experience, passion, and preparedness count for everything, and unfortunately there are some bad teachers out there ;/

I think it all depends on study habits. If you motivated (which I have no doubt we all are) and organized (maybe not all of us ;)), you should have no reason to take it. You can use a fraction of that money tp buy lots of study materials and practice test programs.

If you have the money for the course, just get the tutoring instead. I'm not sure how much extra it is but you get 1 on 1 lessons and can go at your own pace. The online materials are also included (they're included for course and tutoring).

i personally think the class was a waste of time and money. I learned alot more on my own thru reading the book. The online material is also very good, im pretty sure there's an option to just buy the online material, without having to pay for the class...I'd go with that option. as for both of the chemistrys, kaplan is very good at covering all grounds, but its very weak in terms of biology. I'd look around for additional resources for bio...definitly...