Kaplan DAT Classroom Anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDent2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What were your opinions? Worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. Kaplan is so overpriced, you could buy so many study materials for the same cost. Most breakdowns indicate that Kaplan didn't even have all they needed for the DAT.

Avoid Kaplan. If you want that classroom styled study material check out Chad's videos. For his chem and orgo videos/quizzes you pay a fraction of the price to learn more in depth. I regret spending the $2000+ on Kaplan.

Reactions: 1 user
i second fancyfloss' comment... it's way overpriced, has a weird class set up which was highly counterproductive to my way of studying

Members don't see this ad :)
Not worth. Completely does NOT prepare you for the PAT. Imo their big blue book is the only good thing that's included w/ that program. Just buy it from outside and study on your own.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Kaplan course, and the only thing that I liked about them were their 5 full length practice tests. Those are good! I actually had one bio question on the real exam that was VERY similar to the question on one of Kaplan full length exams. However, that question also is on ADA 2007 exam. Looks like Kaplan uses that as one of the sources to make their own questions which I guess is good, but why waste $1500 if ADA 2007 exam is available online for free?!?!

While their full length exams are good, their live class was awful! Our instructor himself didn't get into ANY dental school last cycle! Kaplan claims that all of their instructors scored at least in the the 90th percentile, which could be as low as 21 or even 20! I'm not saying those are bad scores but they are not "amazing", at least I don't think he's qualified to teach a $1500 class, especially if dental schools didn't find his scores to be flattering either. Either way, he was a terrible teacher, and every single one of us agreed.

Same goes for Kaplan Blue Book - awful! Cliff's notes cost $7, and are so much better!

In short, if you have a grandmother who's giving you $1500, then why not, buy the course because those full length exams aren't bad! If you have to ask your not-so-wealthy parents for money, or if you have to work yourself to make that much money, forget it! It's not worth it! Message me if you have any other questions! :)