Kaplan DAT online course question! please help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalsad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently enrolled in the DAT online kaplan course. I have been taking the subject tests and i'm not doing very well on them (50%'s). I have been noticing however, that each of the subject tests do not cover all of Chem or Ochem but instead each test is specific to a certain topic in this area.

For example, i just took an Ochem test that had almost every question about synthesis.

Has anyone experienced this? and are these subject tests anything like the real tests?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently enrolled in the DAT online kaplan course. I have been taking the subject tests and i'm not doing very well on them (50%'s). I have been noticing however, that each of the subject tests do not cover all of Chem or Ochem but instead each test is specific to a certain topic in this area.

For example, i just took an Ochem test that had almost every question about synthesis.

Has anyone experienced this? and are these subject tests anything like the real tests?

Thank you!

No prep course will cover every single topic. Even when you look at the KAPLAN review book, you'll realize that they haven't gone over every single topic. They'll teach you the topics that are most likely to show up the exams.
Sure! They are somewhat similar to the real test. Some questions may be a bit harder, while others are a bit easier compared to the real thing. Nevertheless, the overall experience is very similar to what you'll see on the real test. So, if you're consistently scoring 50% I suggest you rethink your study habits.

Thank you!

I took a Kaplan class as well and each subject test only covers a few concepts, hence the name SUBJECT test (synthesis, nomenclature, solutions etc). That is why there are so many different subject tests, as each will cover a certain aspect in depth. These subject tests will not be like the real sections on the DAT. The midterm, final and 3 full length practice exams will be more representative.