1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Dat Practice Test

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Doogie Howser, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser practicing since age 12
    5+ Year Member

i just got my scores back from the free kaplan test that they offer at their centers and at schools around the country. I'm wondering how closely this test mimics the real thing. So if there is anyone on the forums who have taken those before, it would be greatly appreciated if you weighed in.

This was my first practice test and took it without studying at all. I would just like to know if i'm starting off in a good position

AA 18
    NS 17
    BIO 16
    CHEM 16
    ORGO 18
    RC 18
    QR 20
    PAT 18

thanks,
    tj

2. CyborgNinjaX

CyborgNinjaX Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I would have to say there is no way to go but up (with studying that is). You're off to a good start just look at what you did wrong and look at the point values, and study the parts where you got the lowest scores.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bruinpredent

bruinpredent UCLA School of Dentistry
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i had similiar scores on my first kaplan exam and i ended up getting 20+ on every section.

best of luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fancymylotus

fancymylotus A Whole New World
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

my aa went up like 7 points from my kap