Kaplan DAT prep on demand: good or bad??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tarlei25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I took the DAT back in May and prepared by watching chads videos and doing his quizzes as well as bootcamp and destoyer. At the time I did not have that much time to study and I wound up receiving a 17AA :confused:. I am scheduled to retake the DAT on November 2nd and I really need something to give me structure besides doing what I did in the past. I have been researching the Kaplan DAT on demand course and it is pricey but I was wondering if anyone has used this and if it helped?? I have been emailing back and forth with someone from kaplan and they said it is doable in a month if I have the time, but I don't know if its worth spending the money. Please any thoughts and advice on taking this course will greatly be appreciated!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Everything I've heard and read about Kaplan told me to avoid Kaplan. I used DAT Bootcamp and chads videos supplemented with Craig savages videos on youtube.

Don't take it. Absolutely a waste of money. DAT bootcamp is way better than the Kaplan course.

Waste of your money with Kaplan. Use the same resources you used before. You mentioned that you didn't have much time to study. Try studying more this time, reviewing your notes, re-watching Chads videos again, and do Destroyer multiple times. Also, you gotta review your notes to make sure you deposit that stuff in your head. Looking through 1-2 times over certain material does not help all the time. Sometimes it requires continuous review and repeated review to remember things and understand it better.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't take the course.
Just use supplemental materials out there for cheaper.
Chad's vid, dat destroyer, qvault, achiver, etc, etc.

Thank you everyone! This was helpful because I was just going to wing it and pray that Kaplan would help; but the general consensus is that I pretty much have everything I need already I just have to stop procrastinating! I am letting my fears of retaking this test dominate my life :dead:. Thanks again for all the advice.