KAPLAN DAT SCORES VS ACTUAL DAT SCORE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishing28

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I took the DAT yesterday and managed to receive a 20 AA! I relied solely on Kaplan for my studying. The online self-study plan has lots of quizzes and practice exams that I found to be extremely useful.
Here were my Kaplan scores (FL1-FL6):

16, 16, 16, 17, 18, 18

ACTUAL DAT:
Bio: 23
GC: 17
ORGO: 19
TS: 20
RC: 20
QR: 23
AA: 20

I was a little discouraged to take the DAT based on my Kaplan scores, but they nerf your scores slightly to scare you and make you study harder. I would definitely recommend using Kaplan. The textbook is very easy to understand and gives an extremely strong foundation in the sciences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What was your study strategy using Kaplan? Specifically Biology?
After each full length you take, read all of the chapters you missed questions on. In my opinion, there’s too much information to write flash cards so I wouldn’t waste your time doing that. Rereading the chapters was all I did along with the Kaplan quizzes.

After each full length you take, read all of the chapters you missed questions on. In my opinion, there’s too much information to write flash cards so I wouldn’t waste your time doing that. Rereading the chapters was all I did along with the Kaplan quizzes.
And also, don’t let your full length scores discourage you. I was extremely discouraged. They nerf your scores a little to make you study harder. Just trust the process!