KAPLAN DAT testing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aolivares

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering purchasing the Kaplan testing program. It was rated #1 on Crush the DAT. Has anyone used this before and did they score well on the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I have several friends that used both Kaplan and DAT Bootcamp. ALL of them have said that DAT Bootcamp was the most helpful studying resource. Of course, it is 100% possible to do well on the DAT using either resource, but DAT Bootcamp offers a lot of features that Kaplan simply cannot compete with - especially the price tag! Personally, I used DAT Bootcamp (and the other resources mentioned in their 10 week study guide) and did extremely well. You will find high praise for DAT Bootcamp throughout the DAT forum, and for good reason. I would head on over to DAT Bootcamp and check out their study guide. I know this sounds like an advertisement, but I cannot recommend the program enough. I hope this gets you on the right track!

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm, the Crush the DAT prep course comparisons seem biased. If Chad’s course saver qualifies, I would think that DAT Bootcamp would as well. Maybe take a look at breakdowns and see how others prepared to get a more objective look. Either way - I haven’t had great experiences with Kaplan as a comprehensive prep course and haven’t heard great things from other people as far as value for the course goes.

If you have the ability to push yourself to stick to a study schedule, you will be fine self studying. However, if you need the extra push of having a course keeping you to a schedule, the cost may be worth it.

It really depends on how you learn and how much you are willing to spend. Be completely honest with yourself as far as your study method goes!!

Good luck!

Editing to add that you can probably grab all of the core materials posted on most breakdowns for less than the Kaplan course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user