Kaplan Diagnostic and Midterm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BAJackson16

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if anyone thinks that these test are harder than the real thing. I just took my midterm in kaplan and came out with a dissapointing score 16/20, i take my DAT in a month. any advice.
 
I found Kaplan's test to be harder than the real thing in every section. My scores increased more than 8 points on every section on the real DAT as compared to my diagnostic and midterm. Of course, I had been studying for 8 weeks when I finally took the real thing.
 
well, i still have about 5 weeks till my real test, im studying about 5 hrs a day , everyday, is that enough? i feel like i am getting more comfortable with the material, but kaplan is just tricking me on a few problems making my score drop considerably. hopefully i will do fine. im headed to the library now for a day's worth, gotta go.
 
BAJackson16 said:
but kaplan is just tricking me on a few problems making my score drop considerably.

And traditionally the DAT doesn't do this. In fact, I found that some of the alternate answer choices on the DAT were a complete joke. At one point in the intitial group of questions, I literally found myself wondering if I was still taking a tutorial of some type to show me how the computer testing worked. The other answers were that funny. This wasn't for every question, but a good majority of them had answers that were *easily* eliminated at first-glance.

Very straightforward on mine and nothing tricky.