kaplan expiration online resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatdestroyer

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i get access to AAMC tests through kaplan. what happens if my online resource thing expires. do i still get access to the aamc tests or are they gone too?

Members don't see this ad.

You should be able to extend the course as many times as you want without a fee. That's part of their supposed guarantee.

If you're not happy with where you're at, you can repeat the course. However, 3 months after your course ends you can no longer extend it and have to purchase the course in full.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once it expires you can't access anything. Kaplan recently sent out an email though telling us that everyone who currently has Kaplan access will get it extended automatically until September 15th (enough time for the last MCAT of 2012). They wrote that people had been asking for extensions and so they decided to just give everyone an extension for free. If this applies to you the date on your online access expiration should have changed by now. If it hasn't you should definitely call them.

i get access to AAMC tests through kaplan. what happens if my online resource thing expires. do i still get access to the aamc tests or are they gone too?

They would expire. But you can download and save all the tests as PDFs along with kaplan answer explanations for the aamc tests. That's what I did just to be safe in case I decide to push my test, my course would have expired. I would also call and try to extend the course for free. I have been told they will extend it for a little bit but If they don't extend it for as long as you need them to, than do what I did.

PM if you have any questions about how to download and save if you cant figure it out.

Good luck

They would expire. But you can download and save all the tests as PDFs along with kaplan answer explanations for the aamc tests. That's what I did just to be safe in case I decide to push my test, my course would have expired. I would also call and try to extend the course for free. I have been told they will extend it for a little bit but If they don't extend it for as long as you need them to, than do what I did.

PM if you have any questions about how to download and save if you cant figure it out.

Good luck

can you explain how you did this?