kaplan final vs. real dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laugh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got done with the kaplan final exam. Im very frustrated.
Bio 18
Gchm 16
Ochm 16
Pat 18
QR 14
RC 18
My topscore scores are usually in the 17-20 range (except for QR which is about 16 ish). Has anyone had difficulty with the online final? My DAT is in 11 days and Im sweating bullets. If I were to dalay my test it could only be an additional 5 days. Do you think I should delay it 5 extra days? I figure 5 days is not going to make or break my scores but I certainly could learn a lot in those days.... im debating. The only ounce of hope I have is my friend was scoring 15-18 on the chemistry sections with kaplan and ended up with a 21 in both sections of chem.... Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I scored a 21 AA on the Kaplan final, which is the same score I got on the real DAT. However, I received an 18 GC on the Kaplan final, but got a 21 on the real DAT. For the majority, I feel that most practice exams are slightly harder in the sciences. For me, this did not apply to Organic, as I was getting 26-28 in Kaplan, but got a 20 on the real DAT. Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies.... I have gone over every test that I have taken (kaplan and topscore) and part of my problem with the chem sections is that I keep making careless errors. Often I will go through the test and I know what the right answer is but for some reason I will choose a different one. Anyone else have a similiar experience?

You just need to chill out.... I found that when I went through Bio sections quickly, it allowed me more time to really concentrate on and carefully review my G. Chem answers.... On the real exam, I had 20 minutes to review everything... If you are making many stupid errors, then practice more with the timing of practice tests (maybe get an additional software, like achiever, or time yourself w/ a stopwatch while doing Kaplan subject tests), as you may still be feeling the "nervous rush" and pressure of timed exams....