Kaplan FL's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killinsound

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any input on the difficulty/scaling?

I haven't taken the kaplan FL's in order, so maybe if someone can tell me what they think the general difficulty levels of the kaplan FL's are that would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Any input on the difficulty/scaling?

I haven't taken the kaplan FL's in order, so maybe if someone can tell me what they think the general difficulty levels of the kaplan FL's are that would be great.

Generally, PS is prettty difficult, VR is pretty useless, and BS is pretty close to on target (leaning towards difficult).

Members don't see this ad :)
oops, sorry. i meant relative to one another.

kinda like how 10 & 11 are a lot harder than all the other ones.

They get progressively harder as you go up in number. So, if you're doing them in order and your score isn't improving, it's not necessarily b/c you aren't improving. I think the first few we took in class were comprable and then they start to go up in difficulty.

Kaplan FL are good exercises, but they aren't good indicators on how you will do on the real MCAT.

Their scoring is WAY off to the real MCAT. On a Kaplan FL, if you get 50% on the PS section, you're scoring like a 9 or a 10. If you get a 50% on a section on the real MCAT, you're scoring like a 6 or 7. It's graded different, so why do people compare??

Kaplan FL, in my opinion, are a waste of time. Do the AAMC test, those are the best. Those are the best indicators of how well you are going to do on the real MCAT.