1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan for PAT?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by molecules05, Aug 13, 2011.

1. molecules05

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Did anyone use the online materials for PAT from Kaplan? I'm wondering how hard it is compared to the real DAT. It seems pretty easy for me, so I'm unsure if I'm being overly confident... or if I'm really starting to visualize this stuff now. :laugh:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lol105

5+ Year Member

I've used Kaplan stuff as well, and only "accurate" part of PAT is may be the key-hole section. Other than that, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy compared to the actual test. Especially the angle section - Kaplan angle section does not represent the actual DAT angle section.

4. jec463

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just took the DATs today..and I also used Kaplan (I took their online class as well). I would say that the Kaplan PAT section was way too easy compared to the actual test......The paper-folding was a LOT harder than expected...On the Kaplan tests, I always spent less than 10 minutes on hole-punching and angle ranking sections (together) and never got any wrong...I would say on the real test I probably missed many of those...

5. molecules05

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Oh well that makes me nervous. My exam is on Wednesday! :scared: Does anyone know if there's any other (better) practice I can do by then? I've heard Crack DAT is great... but I don't know if I should spend that much when my exam's so close.

6. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    CDP is your best resource but since your exam is really close, perhaps practicing on the 2009 ADEA exam is your best bet.

7. molecules05

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks for the advice. I'll do that. It's frustrating that Kaplan is so far off the mark.

8. molecules05

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Would you say that the 2007 ADA test for PAT is also too easy?

9. pickmedental

Removed

If you guys need help with the PAT section contact me via PM :)