Kaplan Free Online Practice Test vs Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alanine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im taking my DATs this Saturday (in 3 days) and I just took the free online Kaplan DAT test that comes with the KBB. I got an 18 BIO/18 GC/17 OC (this is after i got a 21 BIO/23 OC on the practice test in the actual book). For those of you who took the DATs, how did you find that the online Kaplan test compared? was it harder or easier?

Thanks in advanced for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I found very little correlation between any of my practice tests and my actual score other than the paid 2009 ADA DAT. I did horrible on Kaplan, Topscore, and especially Achiever but did much better on the actual.

My Science scores were around your for the free online Kaplan DAT, but got a 21 avg for the Sciences.

I found very little correlation between any of my practice tests and my actual score other than the paid 2009 ADA DAT. I did horrible on Kaplan, Topscore, and especially Achiever but did much better on the actual.

My Science scores were around your for the free online Kaplan DAT, but got a 21 avg for the Sciences.

thats reassuring, thanks. I guess im just nervous about Saturday and getting 17s and 18s is not helping at all.

thats reassuring, thanks. I guess im just nervous about Saturday and getting 17s and 18s is not helping at all.

Honestly just keep plugging and chugging away at your studies. Just try to do your best on Saturday and forget those practice scores. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Three days before my exam I took the third and last Top Score test, and got like 19's across the board, and I ended up scoring like 6 points higher on the real exam. Moral of story is don't psych yourself out! If you've gone through all the material and know them fairly well, sleep well the night before your exam, and pace yourself on the exam, then you'll be setting yourself up to score well!

ahhh good to hear. Im super nervous right now because it just hit me that my DAT test day is less than 36 hours away! i just hope all ends well! :scared:

I feel like top score pro was the best indicator for the real exam. You can take a look at my blog post and see the correlations but they were fairly close. If you have not taken one yet and feel like it would give you more confidence if you did then go ahead and get it and take it... If you don't think it will help then sit back and relax... You've got this:thumbup: