Kaplan Full Length #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Typical Average Student

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished my full length #1 yesterday and I scored lower in every section compared to my diagnostic. I know exactly why I scored low: it's because I did not fully review all the content before, I'm a little behind on my study schedule. To be honest, I probably know about 60% of the content really well, the other portion I need to touch up on.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is doing or has done the Kaplan course and if they mind putting up their scores. I will be starting on DAT Destroyer and Bootcamp next week so I should except to see some improvement...

Diagnostic: 17AA, 18 Bio, 18 Chem, 20 Orgo, 19 TS, 17 RC, 14 QR, 17 PAT
Full Length #1: 16AA, 16 Bio, 16 Chem, 17 Orgo, 16 TS, 17 RC, 15 QR, 17 PAT


Side note: I did not purchase the $1300 course, it was given to me by my girlfriend who scored a 23 on the real DAT using only Kaplan.
 
As far as I know, the Kaplan DAT is supposed to be pretty hard so you intentionally score low since they have some guarantee of scoring higher on the real exam. I can not speak for the full length but consensus is that it's not very representative but still 16AA might be too low right now. When's your exam?
 
I too ended up taking the Kaplan course and got a 17AA on my diagnostic and a 18AA on my full length one. Kaplan isn't bad but if you wish to rip the DAT to pieces I expect you to buy DAT Destroyer/Bootcamp > DATgenius > Chad's videos. Don't worry about your scores right now, imagine all the knowledge you can soak up in 4 weeks! Good luck and I believe in you.
 
Kaplan is horrid. I was scoring 17s and got a 23AA. I don't even consider Kaplan "hard". They just ask bizarre, outdated questions that aren't representative of the real thing. Same thing happened to a friend of mine with Kaplan. You can do it! Bootcamp is far more representative.