kaplan full length 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christinejane19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.. just took the kaplan FL 4 this morning, im wondering if anyone could post the conversion chart for the scores? thanks so much!

christine

Members don't see this ad.

yo i BOMBED that. like seriously bombed it. i'm so upset. i'm getting worse and worse! scores are going down! AAAA

SpeedRacer said:
yo i BOMBED that. like seriously bombed it. i'm so upset. i'm getting worse and worse! scores are going down! AAAA

ya i went down on FL4 too, by 3 points, just got back from it ... :confused:

that's ok though, I'm still +6 from my diagnostic...hopefully FL4 was supposed to be the hardest!? someone from Kaplan please tell me this is so... :laugh:

SpeedRacer said:

I pretty much wanted to cry after PS...verbal wasnt bad, the writing prompts were pretty easy to bs with and bio was ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS
14: 63-68
13: 53-62
12: 52-56
11: 47-51
10: 41-46
9: 35-40
8: 31-34
7: 25-30
6: 21-24

VR
14: 55-58
13: 52-54
12: 49-51
11: 44-48
10: 40-43
9: 35-39
8: 30-34
7: 26-29
6: 22-25

BS
14: 68-73
13: 36-67
12: 58-62
11: 52-57
10: 45-51
9: 39-44
8: 34-38
7: 30-33
6: 26-29
christinejane19 said:
hey everyone.. just took the kaplan FL 4 this morning, im wondering if anyone could post the conversion chart for the scores? thanks so much!

christine

HawkDoc said:
I pretty much wanted to cry after PS...verbal wasnt bad, the writing prompts were pretty easy to bs with and bio was ok.
That was similar to what I was thinking coming out of the test.

The curve on PS was a lot more forgiving than on BS though!

DAMN. I was doing well on the tests till this one came around. What a crappy way to feel 2 weeks before the test.

Tinker Creek said:
That whole passage about that cathode contraption... ugh.

hey don't be dissing the cathode contraption, i actually got that passage right (lucky guesses mostly, but shhh... they don't need to know). I thought i did much worse in the PS, and better in bio, turns out it was the other way around. go figure.

thanks alot for the conversion chart! its funny b/c bio was my major and thats my lowest score (BS 9 VR 10 PS 11) but i finally hit 30 after 5 practice tests! hopefully i can do that on the real thing...

i was wondering what the posts would be like today...i went down THREE points as well, and i seriously did cry. i called a few people for a pep talk, but today i'm feeling pretty low and lost. i spent the last couple of weeks doing a lot of physics topicals and my score didn't budge. i lost points in verbal and bio.

does anybody have any insight on FL 4???

chicagomel said:
i was wondering what the posts would be like today...i went down THREE points as well, and i seriously did cry. i called a few people for a pep talk, but today i'm feeling pretty low and lost. i spent the last couple of weeks doing a lot of physics topicals and my score didn't budge. i lost points in verbal and bio.

does anybody have any insight on FL 4???

yes i have insight. it was really freakin' hard! everyone was crying after physical sciences. if you're taking any AAMC stuff you know that the real thing probably won't be that hard. my teacher told me to stop taking kaplan stuff and take AAMC stuff from now on. they are, after all, the closest thing to the real thing...because they were the real thing! 2 weeks isn't a lot of time, but it's time...work work work on the stuff that's getting you...you don't want to be in this position 2 days before and realize you wasted the last 2 wks.

After taking FL 1, 2, 3, I didn't think Physics was THAT hard, considering that the curve was pretty generous. I have come to expect ridiculously hard PS from Kaplan so encountering a somewhat hard test wasn't that surprising.

Plus it's the first time I got a 30 on a Kaplan FL. :idea: :idea:

FL1: VR 08 PS 11 BS 11 30
FL2: VR 11 PS 10 BS 12 33
FL6: VR 10 PS 12 BS 10 32
FL7: VR 10 PS 11 BS 12 33
FL3: VR 11 PS 13 BS 11 35
FL4: VR 11 PS 11 BS 11 33

Hmmmmmm....ok?

Need to study more :luck:

I posted this in the scores for kaplan MCAT #3 thread, but I suppose it is relevant here too. Basically, I've been working hard to fill in my gaps in BS, and hold on in the other areas.
My section scores are still going up and down (seemingly at random), but I'm pleased that my last two overall scores have been up there. Full length 3 really threw me for a loop.

KAP Diag: 29 - PS-9 VR-11 BS-9
KAPFL #1: 32 - PS-11 VR-10 BS-11
KAPFL #2: 35 - PS-12 VR-13 BS-10
KAPFL #3: 31 - PS-10 VR-12 BS-9
AAMC #7: 36 - PS-12 VR-11 BS-13
KAPFL #4: 36 - PS-13 VR-12 BS-11
KAPFL #5: 34 - PS-12 VR-12 BS-10

----- EDIT ----- Added FL#5, I didn't do much MCAT work last week and it showed a bit. I'm glad we're almost done... finally! -----

Summary: I've really been busting my butt the last couple of weeks to solidify PS and BS knowledge. My classwork is sliding a bit, but I hope I can make up for that before the next round of exams (Monday and Tuesday!! :eek: ).
Over the last 2 tests I've been quite happy with each individual section score, and I'm pleased that I seem to be lucky enough to balance one slightly "lower" section with one higher section. I received the same total score on AAMC 7 and KAPLAN 4, but no section score was the same! Hopefully I can max them all out on test day! Anyway...

FL#4 was crazy.
I seriously thought that the PS section kicked my @ss!! In all honestly, I did get a little lucky in that I had to guess on several quesitions at the end, and many of the guesses were correct. Still, I was expecting something along the lines of an 11, certainly not my highest PS score to date!

VR was in my range. I'd still think I'm cabale of pushing this up a little bit, but I just didn't seem to "click" with these passages as well as I'd hoped. I'm focusing my studies on PS and BS, so I probably shouldn't be realistically expecting any VR gains...

BS has been where I've been putting a lot of effort. There are some areas that I know very well, and others that are not so good. I'm glad to see that on a test that I felt was pretty challenging, I'm still getting a high score. I was pretty close to dropping down to a 10 from an 11.