Kaplan general chem subject tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbure

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find these quite challenging? I have heard that the real DAT is not as demanding as the Kaplan practise tests are in terms of general chem. FYI my friends tell me that BIO is around the same thing, PAT is a little harder and reading is also about the same. I'm not sure about Organic and QR since I'm Canadian :)

*General chem subject test # 3 was particularly tough in my opinion

Members don't see this ad.

pbure! I was shaking in my boots with Kaplan's g-chem subject tests! But if you just understand the reasoning behind the questions you'll be set!

Kaplan's are definitely harder. I felt like I'd been slugged in the gut whenever I took Kaplan's gen chem tests, but did pretty well on the actual DAT. If you prepare for it as if it were going to be like a Kaplan gen chem test, you'll be well prepared.

Did you guys see questions where, in the choices, they have a set of calculations with different numbers? Some of numbers are totally different from the orgininal and have like four or five digits after the decimal point, I saw one like that on TSP. Those are like five questions in one! Although I'm a math person, those can really slow me down and mess me up during testing. Estimating can eliminate some but not all the wrong choices. If I see stuff like that, I'll mark and come back later. What's you guys' take one these?