Kaplan Home Study or Kaplan Lectures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iatrogenic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a question for all you who've taken Step 1...
If you're a person who can't pay attention in class, would you recommend buying that Kaplan home study book for $500, along with qbank, instead of taking the kaplan lecture series?
I've heard that the kaplan lecture series are supposed to be "really good" and that the kaplan books are not complete without going to the lectures. Is that true?

Do you guys think that I would be missing out if I don't do the kaplan lecture series?

any recommendations for either plan??

Members don't see this ad.

if you are a US medschool student, dont waste $ on any kaplan lecture stuff, Qbank is enough imho

goodluck

i took kaplan and thought it was great. i'm used to sitting in class all day for lectures, so it wasn't a real problem for me. most of the lecturers are very entertaining, so it isn't completely boring and they add in a lot of info, mnemonics, helpful hints, etc. that aren't in the notes. for me it was the best option.

i'd suggest that maybe you go to one or two lectures and see how you feel about it. as always, you should try to do what works best for YOU. if you know that you can't sit in lecture for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week then the kaplan intense course may not work as well for you as it would for someone else.

just my .02 :cool: