Kaplan Home Study...too long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hihihi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend gave them to me, so I already have them, so if you respond you can disregard the price of the books. Anyway, after reading some posts about them, I am a little hesitant to commit to reading them. I feel like I would be a good candidate to use them because I will probably be doing a lot of learning (instead of reviewing) when I start studying.

Anyone use (or plan to use) them? How long does it take to get through them?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by hihihi
I feel like I would be a good candidate to use them because I will probably be doing a lot of learning (instead of reviewing) when I start studying.

What's your problem man, why didn't you learn the information the first time around? Are you a slacker or something? I guess you aren't a gunner like myself.:hardy:

If you know your stuff, not a bunch of time (at least for me). I 've been breaking it up, but I can easily get through 50 pages +/- in about 1-2 hours.

If you are learning it for the first time, I have no clue what book, if any, is going to be "easy".

I used'em. I only went outside those books for pharm (1st Aid) and antimicrobials (Micro made ridiculously simple.) I had 4 wks to study and outlined a schedule for each topic. Some took longer than I thought (e.g. biochem, neuro) while some topics took less time than anticipated (I finished renal in a 1/2 day.) But I got through all of the home-study books in that time, they worked well for me.

Cool...Thanks.

I am just trying to plan a schedule with plenty of time to do questions also. I was hoping I could get through those books in 3 weeks or so.