Kaplan in Columbus, OH - Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesOSU

Ohio State 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm a student @ Ohio State and I was wondering if anyone had taken the DAT prep courses @ Kaplan and

Are the teachers good and knowledgable/friendly?
Does it actually help? Did you see your score improve or feel more prepared?
Did you get interviews after you took that class?

Any other info thanks, cuz its so expensive

James

Members don't see this ad.

I took the kaplan class during spring quarter and I personally didn't find it that helpful. Of course I think some of it depends on your personal preferences and how you study best.

The two people we had teaching our class were very nice and friendly and always willing to answer any questions we had about dental school or the DAT or anything else. However when it came to teaching the material I often felt like they were simply teaching/reading straight from the book with only a small amount of elaboration on the topics. If I could do it all over again I would have just bought all the study material for the class without paying the extra amount to participate in the actual classroom lectures. I didnt learn anything from those classes that I couldn't have just read out of the book myself. I would have perfered to save my money and teach myself... which I ended up doing over the summer anyways.

The classes will really only be useful if you really like to learn that way and need it as extra motivation to study. Even so you will still have to make sure you put in a lot of extra time outside of the classroom. In my opinion I'd say save the money and use it to buy other resources and then just force yourself to study. If you have questions on things you don't understand i am sure you can find plenty of help on this forum for free

Classroom was pretty useless to me.
I agree with the previous poster in that the material (particularly the online resources) were very helpful.

But your scores are good. I hope you aren't retaking...