Kaplan Instructor Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontbeanegaton

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have an interview to teach the MCAT for Kaplan coming up. Already passed the initial application and the audition. Has anyone here completed this interview? Any pointers/Do you remember what was asked?

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey sorry to not answer your question, but rather ask you one.

I currently day tutor, and I'm looking for more income. I just checked out their website and:

REQUIREMENTS

- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 90th percentile score on the MCAT
- Previous training/teaching experience preferred
- Self-starter (Also, what does this mean?)
- Evening and weekend availability required

My question: What does the "audition" involve? Are you supposed to act super outgoing about the MCAT? Thanks.

The audition was an online classroom with a Kaplan employee and other applicants scattered throughout the country. We all introduced ourselves and then took turns delivering 7-minute presentations on a single MCAT question from a list.
I wouldn't say I'm all that outgoing. I think their main concern is your professionalism and clarity. I also noticed others asking questions that were difficult to answer via the chat box (Only the presenter is on video/audio feed). Make sure you have your questions planned beforehand down to the word.
Other things they look for are your pacing and "ability to engage an audience."
There is no indication yet about pay. I assume that will be discussed if I pass the interview.

Hey there!

I actually just went through the process, and I am currently in Kaplan's training program for the MCAT.

The interview is just like any other interview. One-on-One with a faculty manager from Kaplan. They ask you questions about your motivations for applying and all that noraml interview jazz. They also discuss the rest of the process and pay scales.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck with the interview!