Kaplan IntensePrep or DIT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SansNom

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I get super flamed, I've read through the forums and what people have said on Kap vs. DIT but I haven't found concrete info from people at all on Intenseprep, and limited info on OnlinePrep vs. DIT. So:

1) Kaplan IntensePrep - anyone taken it? Thoughts?
Seems like the current session is May 19 - Jun 15, anyone know the dates for the next session?

2) DIT 2012 - sparse experiences from the previous years but I'm wondering if anyone who used it for Step 1 has some thoughts on the Step 2 version, and anyone who took it this year did you feel their using SUTS2 was outdated as compared to other study materials?

3) Kaplan OnlinePrep - I'm planning to take my exam in July/August and I have rotations till mid-June. Would this be enough time to get through all the videos and do UWorld (1.5 months basically)? It seems like the course is intended to be used over the full three months so I'm just wondering if anyone has done it faster (or a lot faster) and what they thought.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Before I get super flamed, I've read through the forums and what people have said on Kap vs. DIT but I haven't found concrete info from people at all on Intenseprep, and limited info on OnlinePrep vs. DIT. So:

1) Kaplan IntensePrep - anyone taken it? Thoughts?
Seems like the current session is May 19 - Jun 15, anyone know the dates for the next session?

2) DIT 2012 - sparse experiences from the previous years but I'm wondering if anyone who used it for Step 1 has some thoughts on the Step 2 version, and anyone who took it this year did you feel their using SUTS2 was outdated as compared to other study materials?

3) Kaplan OnlinePrep - I'm planning to take my exam in July/August and I have rotations till mid-June. Would this be enough time to get through all the videos and do UWorld (1.5 months basically)? It seems like the course is intended to be used over the full three months so I'm just wondering if anyone has done it faster (or a lot faster) and what they thought.

Thanks!

Used DIT for step 1 and did well, so I used it for step 2 and did better. If they have a step 3 course I will be using it too. They heavily revise and annotate SUTS2 and give you a huge workbook/HY notes as well.

I don't know any US allo kids that've done kaplan intenseprep, only IMGs.

But both were abhorrent to me..I suggest that you use your course notes and Pm me for more details as needed (i.e., I had a poor experience with these companies that I may not be able to post due to protocol restrictions here.)