Kaplan Lecture Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndianBabu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The series of 8 blue Kaplan Lecture books that we've used so far at the Kaplan Retreat are amazing, apart from pathology.

Alot of people, including me, never gave these books a chance to begin with, but boy, they are amazing, well explained. They seem HUGE, but there are big margins, and many review questions that play a role in the size of these books.

So to anyone who's considering them? Give them a chance, they're very decent.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, but again, they're geared for the USMLE, not your class exams. So even if its overkill in my mind, they would help in class, yeah.

Members don't see this ad :)
Enough? Let me give you an example; Physiology notes are more than 500 pages. The question is: do you have enough time to cover all of them ;)

Is it possible to fully utilize the Kaplan books along with Kaplan Q-bank if a student only has 4-5 weeks to study? I like the books, but wonder if I will be able to get to everything.

If anyone has a proposed study schedule (a realistic one) that utilizes the Kaplan materials, please share it! Thanks in advance.

I would agree with the OP. The kaplan books are great. All the info is there. I didnt waste time reading all those pages. I used kaplan books as references to supplement areas I was weak on. Especially the Physiology and Biochemistry books. Those were by far the two books I used the most. If you need help with cardiology physiology go to this website:

http://www.cvphysiology.com/index.html

At first glance you may think it's stupid but if you browse around it's pretty good and helped me out a lot. Especially with the dumb pressure/volume loops and cardio drugs.

My Kaplan Lecture books are for sale. All 9 (including the q book and medessentials) barely touched. 2006-2007 edition.

Anyone interested?

Thanks

Are the kaplan notes enough along with FA & Q-bank?

Sorry for not knowing, but could anyone tell me what FA is? I've been reading it in these posts and wasn't sure. Thanks!

Also, I like Kaplan review books but friends who've taken it said that it's missing some info. Advice I've been given is to use it in conjunction with BRS.

Sorry for not knowing, but could anyone tell me what FA is? I've been reading it in these posts and wasn't sure. Thanks!

Also, I like Kaplan review books but friends who've taken it said that it's missing some info. Advice I've been given is to use it in conjunction with BRS.

Snow, FA=First Aid for USMLE Step 1 ;)