Kaplan Lecture notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahoo07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone thought about Kaplan's Lecture note (not home study set) coverage of particular subjects. I've searched and seen that their biochemistry is really excellent and that their physiology isn't bad either, but that's about it. How well do you think they cover the other subjects? Anatomy, Embryo, Histo, Path, Pharm, Micro, Behavior, Neuro, etc? In other words, where do you think one should read over their stuff or skip it? Of course I'd be supplementing w/ FA and others. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I used the Kaplan lecture notes as my primary source for Immuno, and I relied pretty heavily on them for Phys (although BRS was, I think, a better source....the two complimented each other pretty well). I didn't really care for the outline form of the Path lecture notes, and felt like BRS was a little more readable. I'll probably pick up the Biochem tomorrow or Friday so I'll let you know then what I think of that :)

By the way, I just want to say that I'm getting pretty sick of studying! June 7th can't come soon enough.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan Biochem and IM are excellent while Pharm has a lot of typos. Obviously there are better Micro (RS)/physio(BRS)/pathology(BRS) books. First aid of Anatomy/neuro/embroy should be enough for these little subjects. I know I know i am going to miss some easy Qs if I do not memerize HY anatomy/neuro/embroy, but I do not plan to answer every question right.

My plan is to know know Pathology cold since it will be the most highly tested subject. For just about every other subject, you should be able to get by on First Aid alone (if you know every fact in it). Think about it though....do you really remember every little fact in high yield anatomy, embryo, or BRS ----??? Why not learn FA by going through it several times as opposed to going through a review book once?