Kaplan Lecture Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StressedMedStud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys how good r the kaplan lecture notes for step 2 for internal medicine? Can I use it instead of Step up to medcine?

Has anyone found them useful or usmle step 2?

Members don't see this ad.

That's what I am using. I think you can probably use either and be alright as long as you are using uworld along with it, of course I still have to take my test. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Can anyone else comment on this? Are the Kaplan lecture notes, the same as the Videos, just written out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they were great. Not too much info, not to little, very high yield. Skip the preventative med section, though... too many updates, not current.

Oh and they are not same as videos. The videos sometimes have a little more or little less depending on lecturer. The two are awesome together.

Can anyone else comment on this? Are the Kaplan lecture notes, the same as the Videos, just written out?

for IM the videos were definitely a whole lot better than the notes.

For surgery you can do without the videos though the Pestana videos are quite good.