Kaplan lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peehdee

don't have one
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Kaplan video lectures from 2001 would still be, for the most part, 'up todate' for step 2?

Members don't see this ad.

peehdee said:
Anyone know if the Kaplan video lectures from 2001 would still be, for the most part, 'up todate' for step 2?

I used kaplan lectures and notes from 2001 for the most part during my 3rd year and they helped me do pretty well on the shelf exams. So i think they are still legit. Im doing USMLEworld right now and avging 63%. I think Im taking my step 2 in the next few weeks (depending on what I get on those NBME diagnostic exams so I'll let u know how those lectures worked out)

So far tho, they seem pretty good.

peehdee said:
would you care to be more specific?

There were very few things where Kaplan was flat out wrong, but when I was going through the lectures, I would have my First Aid 2006 in hand to annotate. If and when there were any discrepancies, I would make a point to remember what was in FA. Same thing when I was going through UW, if I answered a question incorrectly based on what Kaplan lectures had said, I would make a note of UW's explanations and compare that with what FA had to say.

I took that sucker on Friday, so we'll see how it goes in a few weeks.