kaplan live lectures step 2ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drboring2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is this course worthy to go with? What are they going to teach us for 6 weeks? Do they just review again all 4 kaplan boos? Compare with the videos, what is the more benefit of this course?

Anyone who took this course, please help give me your advise. Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Is this course worthy to go with? What are they going to teach us for 6 weeks? Do they just review again all 4 kaplan boos? Compare with the videos, what is the more benefit of this course?

Anyone who took this course, please help give me your advise. Thank you so much

Think of live prep as a total immersion class in a language. You will eat, sleep, a breathe step 2. You will read every night. You will attend lecture 8 hours a day. You will do nothing but live in a hotel and study. Not everyone needs this. Live lectures cannot be paused, rewound, or played back at 2x. But, in the way of preparation, scheduling, and immersion, nothing beats it. It is expensive. Expensive as all hell. Ideal for people who are coming in from out of the country and have to perform on the test, have the time to take the course, and the money to burn (because, by coming to the US, your salary will be so much higher than your home country's physician salary).

Personally, I used the videos. They were awesome. Do you need live prep? Probably not, but its dependent on the person and the study habit. Not everyone can convince themselves to read AND watch videos AND do questions on their own. Live Prep forces you to do that.