Kaplan Live Lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of people failing the boards with this course?

Members don't see this ad.

Our school did an informal study that showed students did about the same whether or not they took Kaplan. For students that were performing below average during the school year, taking Kaplan did not "make up" for what was lacking to begin with. So if someone is looking to use Kaplan as a review souce, that is fine. If you are looking to use Kaplan to smoke the boards, you are going to have to do a lot more outside prep as well. I haven't taken the boards yet, but I am using Kaplan as one of my resources. The reviews have been excellent so far, but I see where there are a few gaps, so I plan to supplement the course with other material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, I've heard similar things. For our school, the people who took Kaplan were either (1) rich or (2) doubtful of their own abilities and wanted a "high-yield, teach-me-what-I-need-to-know" course.

BTW, I only say "rich" because the nearest Kaplan site with live lectures was in LA...so that's at least a $300 plane ticket, plus you need housing, transportation, etc.

I heard that they didn't even check ID's. How do they keep people from not paying and attending the classes?

my friend took the live lectures, i don't remember the 3digit score, but the 2 digit was 84. she loved the classes but was dissappointed with the score. I think she could've done just as well w/o the classes.

I think another thing that some people don't like about the prep course is the fact that you're in lecture at least 8 hours a day. That leaves very little (efficient) study time in the evenings.

I took this class and really loved it. The profs were great! I made a 240. I highly recommend the class