kaplan material and examkrackers books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrhealth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im enrolled in a kaplan course and that came with the box full of study goodies. however, before the course i had been studying off the examkracker books which i really liked. now im kind of doing both mostly because i like the examkrackers books so much more than the kaplan materials (the colors and layout and simplicity). the kaplan materials go into so much more depth to the point where my brain shuts off because i think to myself that if its not in examkrackers, then its probably not too important. is there any problem with this? how comprehensive are the examkrackers books for the mcat? if they do the trick like a lot of people seem to say they do, then why does kaplan try and shove all that extra information down your throat without pointing out which topics are more important than others?

this question mostly applies now because im reading for physics3 of kaplan about stuff like black body radiation and the work function of metals, youngs split wave experiement, and stuff like that.. all of which relate to, but are not referred explicitly to in examkrackers.

Members don't see this ad.