Kaplan Money Back!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmithS87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been successful getting your Kaplan money back? I found multiple errors on my practice exams as well as the KBB (which I have noticed most people are not fond of). There are, of course, other reasons for me to do this, which I will take up with Kaplan. Just wondering if any of you guys have done that? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I never had any money returned only from a Kaplan book. I have however gotten a partial refund for a Kaplan class because my instructor was absent a couple of days without letting us students know. We ended up waiting there for a while without an instructor on those days. Because of that, I called Kaplan to complain and they refunded me the money for those days the instructor missed. They're actually very helpful when it comes to complaints, so you should have no problem there.

I never had any money returned only from a Kaplan book. I have however gotten a partial refund for a Kaplan class because my instructor was absent a couple of days without letting us students know. We ended up waiting there for a while without an instructor on those days. Because of that, I called Kaplan to complain and they refunded me the money for those days the instructor missed. They're actually very helpful when it comes to complaints, so you should have no problem there.

Thanks for the reply. Most of the issues that I had were with the instructor, actually. I will give them a call on Tuesday to discuss the issues. Thanks!

I actually really liked the KBB and the practice problems/full-lengths that came with the course. Highly over priced though, but definitely helped me in the long run in addition with the other materials I had.

Do you know how to get your money back? If you read carefully on their guarantee, this is what you have to do:

Do worst on your real DAT than your diagnostic exam, and you can have your money back.

So you do the diagnostic test without any studying, and after studying for 8+ weeks, and if you got lower than your diagnostic test, you'll get your money back.