Kaplan NBDE Part I Prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefully

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know if Kaplan's NBDE Part I Prep is useful? I'm debating if I should buy the old edition Kaplan book from a classmate (poor dental anatomy section in 2001) or enroll in the course and get the new 2003 edition and have access to their library. I found Kaplan to be helpful in preparation for the DAT, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $500 for the NBDE Part I course.

Members don't see this ad.

Some of my classmates had the 2001 edition. I used it on occassions for references and came across many incorrect information. I'm not sure if the 2003 version has corrected any errors. The majority of the ppl in my class did not have the kaplan book, but everyone in our class did pretty well on average.

The USMLE book may be a cheaper alternative to the kaplan book, but it is an overkill. As for the kaplan Q bank, you are better off with the old NBDE released exams. I'd save the $500.

I'll second what Doggie has said. The kaplan book just seems too much for me right now. I don't have time to go through it all. You can use it as a reference but then it's not much different from a normal text. I also havn't been able to find time for the Q-bank either. THere are plenty of old released ones to use.

I have a 2004 Kaplan edition book, if anybody is interested in it.

It seems to have lots of good info, but it isn't a major part of my study schedule.

Q-Bank is pointless, save your money on that.