Kaplan OAT scores

Brittany Sunshine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my OAT test is in 4 days and I'm freaking out! I just recently took my first Kaplan OAT (minus the QR section). These were my scores:

BIO: 310
GC: 280
OC: 270
PHY: 240

Does anyone have opinions on these scores? I've read a lot that the actual OAT is a lot easier, so I don't know if I should be concerned about these scores or not. Any advice would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience the Kaplan practice tests were much more difficult than the actual test so I would not get wrapped up in what you are scoring on them. They are nice however to practice with the timing of each section and such, so definitely a good tool. Also it helps if you use them to identify where your weaknesses are and what you should go over.

There is a practice exam that you can get your hands on through the ADA OAT website, there are links posted if you search through the forums. That is the test that is most identical to the actual OAT in terms of difficulty and questioning style. I recommend taking that a day or two before your actual test and that will give you the best measure of what scores you should expect!

Best of luck! If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out :)

Kaplan practice tests were sooooo much harder than the actual oat! As stated above, you should take the ADA free practice test! (It’s more like the OAT, and will give ya a confidence boost after you take it). Don’t sweat it and good luck :) (physics on the oat is wayyyyyyyy easier than Kaplan!)

Thanks so much for your responses! I just took the ADA (untimed) and I did score higher for each section. Still freaking out though! lolol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say the overall Except the Kaplan Reading—that was very similar to the real exam

Thanks! I’m so nervous about my exam tomorrow. I feel like I don’t know what to expect! I did two Kaplan tests, the free ADA, and an OAT practice questions book I got off amazon (that had two exams). So scared!!

So my OAT test is in 4 days and I'm freaking out! I just recently took my first Kaplan OAT (minus the QR section). These were my scores:

BIO: 310
GC: 280
OC: 270
PHY: 240

Does anyone have opinions on these scores? I've read a lot that the actual OAT is a lot easier, so I don't know if I should be concerned about these scores or not. Any advice would be helpful!

How did you find the actual test?

I did horrible. Worst than any Kaplan/ADA test. It was so different than what I studied! I seriously thought they had me taking the wrong exam.
I’m sorry to hear this :( You should watch the Chad’s videos and do his practice problems when you start studying for the oat again!! You can do it!

Reactions: 1 user
In my experience the Kaplan practice tests were much more difficult than the actual test so I would not get wrapped up in what you are scoring on them. They are nice however to practice with the timing of each section and such, so definitely a good tool. Also it helps if you use them to identify where your weaknesses are and what you should go over.

There is a practice exam that you can get your hands on through the ADA OAT website, there are links posted if you search through the forums. That is the test that is most identical to the actual OAT in terms of difficulty and questioning style. I recommend taking that a day or two before your actual test and that will give you the best measure of what scores you should expect!

Best of luck! If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out :)

I am finding the Kaplan practice exams quite tricky as well! Although I want to keep taking them in hopes of being pleasantly surprised by the real thing, I would appreciate the link to the ADA free practice OAT because I'm not having any luck finding it in old threads. If anyone has more info about that, I'd really appreciate it because the one I just found online seems to be $100! Thanks so much :)

What were your final AA & TS on the actual OAT? How did your GPA compare? Sorry, just about to go through all this myself in a couple months!

290/270 and gpa was around 3.45 (cumulative and science). I was accepted to PCO prior to taken my OAT, which I believe was in my favor. I wish I did better on the test though.

My advice would be to start studying early. Get as much shadowing/experience as you can. That’s what really helped my application.