Kaplan On-Demand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moneyman244

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I signed up for the PCAT On-Demand class today and was curious to see if anyone had taken it before. Any tips on it or the strong points about this class that you thought were helpful would help. Anything would help!
 
I took the Kaplan Anywhere course and it was worth the money. They provide you with tips and shortcuts to look for in each subject area. Make sure that you complete all of the required work so that you know all the material. I'm taking the on demand course now because I changed my PCAT date to September because I felt like I needed more time. I'm actually studying now for the test. I'm using this and Dr. Collins
 
I signed up for the PCAT On-Demand class today and was curious to see if anyone had taken it before. Any tips on it or the strong points about this class that you thought were helpful would help. Anything would help!

Hey im planning on taking the PCAT ON DEMAND course with Kaplan.
Did it help you get a high grade?
 
I took the Kaplan Anywhere course and it was worth the money. They provide you with tips and shortcuts to look for in each subject area. Make sure that you complete all of the required work so that you know all the material. I'm taking the on demand course now because I changed my PCAT date to September because I felt like I needed more time. I'm actually studying now for the test. I'm using this and Dr. Collins

I took the Kaplan Anywhere course and it was worth the money. They provide you with tips and shortcuts to look for in each subject area. Make sure that you complete all of the required work so that you know all the material. I'm taking the on demand course now because I changed my PCAT date to September because I felt like I needed more time. I'm actually studying now for the test. I'm using this and Dr. Collins

Hi, does the KAPLAN ON DEMAND provide you with books and all the material you need?
What of Dr.Collins are you studying?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I signed up for the PCAT On-Demand class today and was curious to see if anyone had taken it before. Any tips on it or the strong points about this class that you thought were helpful would help. Anything would help!
Hey how was the demand?
Im planning on taking it. Did ithelp you get a better grade?
 
Hi, does the KAPLAN ON DEMAND provide you with books and all the material you need?
What of Dr.Collins are you studying?
Yes Kaplan did provide all the materials that you will need for the course.... Books, flash cards etc. I used Dr. Collins for math and chemistry... Everything else I used Kaplan
 
Yes Kaplan did provide all the materials that you will need for the course.... Books, flash cards etc. I used Dr. Collins for math and chemistry... Everything else I used Kaplan
Honestly my score didn't increase much... You would be better off just buying Dr. Collins. However if your score doesn't increase much you do receive your money back if you decide not to take another course. The class room anywhere is very demanding and time consuming whereas you can work at your own pace with the on demand. I'm selling all of my materials from Kaplan and Dr. Collins. My advice would be not to waste your money on the course and just use Dr. Collins. But use Kaplan for reading, some verbal and definitely biology. Dr. Collins reading isn't as detailed as Kaplan... Take as many practice tests as you can. That does help!! Good luck!!
 
Hey how was the demand?
Im planning on taking it. Did ithelp you get a better grade?
The classroom anywhere is better than the on demand. With on demand you work at your own pace whereas classroom anywhere is structured. My score didn't increase much... The course is very time consuming and demanding.... I would rather use Dr. Collins instead of the course. It's much cheaper. Dr. Collins has a great review of math and chemistry... But Kaplan has a better biology and reading. Dr. Collins reading isn't as detailed but the verbal is good.
 
I was offered a free Kaplan course of my choosing. I chose to enroll in on-demand due to my class and work schedules. Everything is structured so that you can access and complete the classes at your own pace. I wish I could have devoted more time to the course, but even with using it for the short time I did (1 month) I increased my score 15 percentile points.

Not bad.