Kaplan online course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KSDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been out of school for a couple of years and am studying to take the DAT in May or June. Mostly I have been re-reading my college text books and Schaum's Outlines, but I would like some more DAT specific study guides. I've ordered Topscore as I know everyone recommends that, but I've also been thinking about signing up for either the Kaplan online course or their regular course. Is this worth it or should I just save my $1,000 and buy the Kaplan DAT book from Amazon for $60? If I should take the course, is there any reason to take the regular course instead of the online course?

Members don't see this ad.

KSDDS said:
I've been out of school for a couple of years and am studying to take the DAT in May or June. Mostly I have been re-reading my college text books and Schaum's Outlines, but I would like some more DAT specific study guides. I've ordered Topscore as I know everyone recommends that, but I've also been thinking about signing up for either the Kaplan online course or their regular course. Is this worth it or should I just save my $1,000 and buy the Kaplan DAT book from Amazon for $60? If I should take the course, is there any reason to take the regular course instead of the online course?

Is getting in dental school worth $1,000?

If so buy it. If not dont worry about it.

GENERAL TSO said:
Is getting in dental school worth $1,000?

If so buy it. If not dont worry about it.

I'm not concerend so much about the money, I just want to make sure I am spending my time wisely. I'm 95% sure I'm going to take the course, I just want to know if anyone has taken the online version and if anyone knows of a distinct advantage there is to taking the regular course with an instructor.

I am currently taking the Kaplan Classroom course and found it useful. They have so many subject tests and full length exams and the best thing is that I don't feel like I am doing it alone. BUT if you want to save $200, take the online course, it's the same with the classroom just that in the classroom you get to ask questions. Go For It!

Members don't see this ad :)
could any body tell me what books and test material comes with online kaplan class,I have recently bought one off the ebay which was published on 2001 for 240.I just want to find out was it worh it for me or not.

rabi504 said:
could any body tell me what books and test material comes with online kaplan class,I have recently bought one off the ebay which was published on 2001 for 240.I just want to find out was it worh it for me or not.

You wasted your money.

You could have gotten the same book from amazon for $45.00

That sucks...

GENERAL TSO said:
You wasted your money.

You could have gotten the same book from amazon for $45.00

That sucks...

Well, it depends which book you got. I am taking the course now and the review note (big white book) is the same as the blue one u can get from the bookstore. But if you get all the subject test and practice test then it's worth it.

rabi504 said:

OH if you got the test material it is def worth it. $240 is small price to pay.

Well the only benefit i saw from the course was hints and pointers that my DAT teacher put together himself and his success story on how he was able to do so well. Other than that most of the stuff you can get here on SDN pretty much covers it all.