Kaplan Online Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luvsbimmers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the DAT already, afte preparing for it on my own, and scored about a 19AA. I would like to take the KAPLAN corse to help me review before taking it again, but all of the classroom courses in my area are offered much later than I want to take the DAT. I was wondering if anyone has taken the Kaplan Online Review course, and what your opinion of the online course is. Thanks for any opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

I did the kaplan course online and found it to be very helpful. the only difference is you don't go into a classroom, you watch it online whenever it is convenient for you. You must be somewhat of a motivated person. If I had to do it all over again I would take the online course. I only had three weeks to study before taking the DAT and I hadn't taken anatomy, physiology or genetics so it was extremely valuable for me. good luck. If you have any specific questions let me know.

take the online course. save yourself some money. you have to do all the studying on your own anyways. i took the kaplan classroom course and it was helpful on the PAT part. But besides being able to talk to someone about the PAT, there are no other advantages of being in the class. all you need is the book they give you, the online practice tests, and some motivation. (plus i think all the classes are on video with the online version). the material is nothing you havent seen before its just a matter of remembering it for the test and being able to perform in the time given. good luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anti-Dentite said:
take the online course. save yourself some money. you have to do all the studying on your own anyways. i took the kaplan classroom course and it was helpful on the PAT part. But besides being able to talk to someone about the PAT, there are no other advantages of being in the class. all you need is the book they give you, the online practice tests, and some motivation. (plus i think all the classes are on video with the online version). the material is nothing you havent seen before its just a matter of remembering it for the test and being able to perform in the time given. good luck :thumbup:

I took the online course. I thought it was good. The most helpful hint I can give is that you should set up a schedule and be sure to follow it. I took the lessons they gave me and drew up a calendar telling me what day to watch which lecture, what parts of the book to read, which practice tests to take, etc. and when. This kept me on track. If nothing else, the course is really good for all of the practice they give you. Best of Luck!

Could anyone please give me the link to online course Kaplan ??? I went to their kaplan website but couldn't find it :( :( I guess I need to have an eye exam again LOL ... how much does it cost for that course ????

Thanks in advance!!!

moonlight123 said:
Could anyone please give me the link to online course Kaplan ??? I went to their kaplan website but couldn't find it :( :( I guess I need to have an eye exam again LOL ... how much does it cost for that course ????

Thanks in advance!!!
http://www.kaptest.com/repository/t...ntal/Our_Programs/DAT_Prep/DN_dat_online.html

its $1049... Pricey I believe. I found it cheaper by just buying all the supplies from someone who took the course and do it on my own, a thousand bucks is alot of money

Thanks for the Advice, I think that I am going to go for the online course. Wish me luck! :)

That is only $100 cheaper than the classroom course :thumbdown:

mlle said:
what did you get from a friend? i have the tests, but nothing else...
tests, flash cards, some other little section tests, and the kaplan book that comes with the class

definately the most important thing for me was the availablity of the practice tests online. but if the classroom course is really only 100 bucks more, then i guess it depends on how close the classroom is....it could be worth an extra 100 to have your questions answered in person.

oh my gosh, it's so expensive :( :( yeah, if it's only $100 cheaper then I would take class course, but everyone else ratings online course is better than class course hmm.... still thinking ...