1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Happening now! Our first-ever Instagram takeover with UF College of Dentistry student, Carson. Follow @studentdoctornetwork on Instagram to get a glimpse of life as a D1, ask questions and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

kaplan online math quizzes

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by marquito, Aug 9, 2011.

1. marquito

I feel like the questions on the math section quizzes are out there and so different than math destroyer.

2. nboogie

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I didn't get too deep into destroyer but I feel like the kaplan quizzes really helped me with my speed and efficiency. Some people swear by math destroyer though so it couldn't hurt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    marquito

Are you talking about the math section on each of the kaplan practice tests or the review quizzes that are online homework?

4. nboogie

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    The review quizzes. I started off timing myself and was only getting 40%. I shifted my focus to figure out how to do the math right, efficiently. After that I started to notice a significant improvement in my ability to solve the problems. This is when I started to work on my speed. I did end up running out of time on the real DAT as the problems were a bit more complicated than kaplan's but I ended up getting a 21 on the real thing for QR. I wanted to practice more with destroyer, I just ran out of time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...