1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Online v. Classroom

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by dent4life23, May 25, 2008.

1. dent4life23

Pre-Dental
    Want to take the DAT in mid- to late July. I'm debating whether to buy the online Kaplan course or attending the Kaplan classroom course at a college. What do you think is better? Anyone here taken the online course and if so, was it helpful? Any downsides? I'm leaning toward the online course so I can have access to the material when i want it.

Thanks for the help...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. predental1984

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    When you buy the classroom course. You also get access to the online material. The classes cost 300 extra I think. I took the class room course and those teachers are useless. The lectures they give can be found online also. You get more than enough practice material to do well on the DAT.

4. Andrew324

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    When you purchase the kaplan classroom courses, you get all the online materials as well as the 8 or however many in class sessions. The difference in price if we are talking about the same ones is like $100 more for the classroom ones.

It depends on what you like to do, I like online, going into meet people and group work on things to me is a waste of time.

5. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Classroom also gives you info whenever you want it online.
    Take the online if you can work on your own.

6. Zerconia2921

Zerconia2921 Bring your A-game!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Take the class i just finished a few weeks ago and it was helpful but if your teacher sucks then it wont help because all they do is ready over the same stuff thats in your book. So if i was you call the center find out whos teaching it because if you get a teacher thats studied for the MCAT i m sure they rocked the test but they wont be as helpful as someone who took the DAT who might give some pointers on the PAT and stuff like that. PEACE

7. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    My classroom instructor wasn't very good. If I had to do it over again I would probably pick the online course instead.

8. wigglytooth

wigglytooth Assistant Wiggle-ator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Gonna move this to the DAT discussions forum.. you'll find this question pops up a lot there as well :)

9. vert

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took the classroom course and thought it was worth the money.. for some reason the classroom course was cheaper than the online course when I registered (maybe there was a discount or something, I don't know).

Its funny though - I keep seeing some of the same people from my course over and over again at other prep courses, pre-dental society events, the day of the DAT, and at interviews - and there were only 12 of us in the class! :rolleyes: