kaplan online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportygirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody have any input on the Kaplan course offered online? I am thinking of taking it because the in class course will not fit in my schedule. Does anybody know how long it takes to complete the course?

Members don't see this ad.

anybody have any input on the Kaplan course offered online? I am thinking of taking it because the in class course will not fit in my schedule. Does anybody know how long it takes to complete the course?

It takes around 6 weeks to finish the course, it is the same for online and in-class. They basically repeat what is said online, in front of your face, so its practically the same.

I took the online class a couple of years ago for the same reason. Anyway, I thought the class was helpful, although a bit expensive. Since its online you can do the class as fast or as slow as you want to and it was nice to be able to take the classes when they fit into my schedule. It took me about 6 weeks to go all the way through it. The nice thing about the online class is that if you get confused on a certain subject, you can always go back and replay any of the online lectures. The online classes were good but not great, but the materials that come with the class (book, practice tests, flash cards, ...) were excellent. One problem with kaplan though is it is way too easy on the PAT section and a little bit weak on bio. Anyway, if you are going to sign up for it, its $100 off if you sign up during the month of March. Otherwise, if you work well on your own, you can save yourself more cash, and buy the kaplan blue book, topscore and a few other materials and work through the lessons yourself. Good luck.

* Kaplan DAT Class

what is topscore? is it a study book or a test book?

im currently enrolled for the kaplan in class thing but doesnt start until end of march...

It is a program that simulates the computerized DAT. It gives you 3 whole practice test, so that are like taking the real thing.

You can find it here:
www.scholarware.com