Kaplan or dat bootcamp??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mna627

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am just wondering what you all would suggest to be the "best" or most realistic practice exams to use for studying for the dat? I have heard a number of mixed reviews between kaplan, dat bootcamp, top score etc. More so, which scores are most realistic?

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken top score and I'm not a big fan, although it's good for getting used to taking the test and working with the time limit. The PAT and Math sections are a bit easy and the gen chem questions aren't very good in my opinion. I still haven't taken the DAT so I can't say how it compares. But bootcamp is great I've started using it and it's definitely a great source to have.

I know plenty of people who do very well with Kaplan. Then there are those on SDN who kill with things like bootcamp, or do as well as those who do Kaplan.

If you can't self study well then Kaplan may be better. But if you are on SDN asking you probably have enough initiative to use things like bootcamp.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know plenty of people who do very well with Kaplan. Then there are those on SDN who kill with things like bootcamp, or do as well as those who do Kaplan.

If you can't self study well then Kaplan may be better. But if you are on SDN asking you probably have enough initiative to use things like bootcamp.

Agreed!

I'm just wondering about the tests and which are the most similar to the actual exam! I am self studying, but I just want to know which practice exams most resemble the real dat and which scores are the most closely replicated